Holi Greetings! The festival of colors, joy and madness is here! Holi is one of the most anticipated festivals of our country. But with people using all kinds of colors these days, the festival brings some worries with itself. This Holi, don’t worry about your skin and hair and get on with the fun! Our professionals have come up with some simple tips and precautions for your skin and hair that you can follow and have a hassle-free Holi!
- Oil your skin and hair thoroughly: It will prevent the color to stick on your skin and scalp and wash off easily once you bathe.
- Do not rinse your skin repeatedly: Your skin is already dry, washing it with soap will harm it even further. Instead, use a good cleanser to gently exfoliate. Take some cleanser, massage the regions affected with colors and hydrate it afterwards.
- A night cream after the Holi madness: A night cream post Holi will do miracles for your skin. Apply the cream every night for a week and your skin will restore its glow.
- How to protect hair from holi colours: For your hair after Holi, apply a good quality hair serum overnight and your hair will regain its shine and health!
- How to remove holi colour from nails: Often after Holi we look at our nails and frown! Applying several coats of nail polish over your nails and the corner skin of toes and fingers will take away the frown!
- Use only cold water for cleaning: Make sure to take bath with cold water. Hot water makes the color stick to your skin.
- Go Organic: Use only organic holi colors and celebrate an ecofriendly Holi!
- After Holi Skin Care:
- Take some multani mitti, olive oil, gram (Besan) flour and milk cream in a good quality rose water and mix it thoroughly until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste on the color affected skin and let it dry. Then wash it. This is one of the best ways to remove the color from your body.
- Take Half bowl of curd with two tablespoon of lime juice and massage it on the areas having colour. Then take a bath with normal warm water. This way the colour mostly goes off.
Enjoy this Holi at its fullest! Use our pro tips, hacks listed above and let the party begin coz HOLI HAI!